Projects are perfect for grouping related meetings and tasks together. Use a project for a larger goal and a task for an action someone on your team needs to take in order to achieve that goal.
Create a Project
To create a new project, click the Create project button in the left navigation. You can find the same button on the projects overview page. You can open this page by clicking the All projects button in the left navigation.
Follow the steps on the Create Project page:
1. Select a project template
In the first step you need to select the project template you want to use for your new project. Depending on the selected template, a set of pre-defined tasks will get automatically created and the necessary project settings will be applied.
Select the default Empty Project template to simply create an empty project.
Note that you can select the Built-in tab to select from a range of built-in project templates.
2. Fill in Project Details
Fill in the details of your new project:
- What are you working on? Put in one sentence what the project is about. This will be used as the name of the project.
- What is the start date for your project? Optionally set a start date for your project.
- What is the due date for your project? Optionally set a target date for your project.
- Privacy. Set as a private or a public project. Only invited users are allowed to access a private project while everyone within your organization is allowed to access public projects.
Click the Add more details link to add more details to your project:
- What is the purpose? Optionally describe the purpose of the project. This description will be shown on the project page.
- Organize your project into collections. You can organize projects into collections to group related projects together. Type a name for the collection(s) you want to add this project to. If a collection with the given name does not yet exist, it will be automatically created.
Click the Create Project button to create your project.