Tags allow you to give additional context to your tasks. You might want to introduce tags such as #high priority to indicate the urgency of a task. Or #call to indicate that a task involves you calling someone.
Tags allow you to view your tasks by a given context. E.g., show me all tasks that have a high priority.
To add one or more tags to a task, do the following:
- Select a task
- Click Add tags on the task details pane
- Start typing the name of the tag that you would like to add. You don't need to include the # character.
- Select one of the existing tags from the dropdown menu or create a new tag
To remove a tag, you can simply click the X button on the tag.
View tasks by tags
There a different ways to visualize your tasks by tags.
When you are on a task list, you can always filter your tasks by one or more tags. To do so, you simply click the filter button at the top right of the screen and apply the tag filters you want.
Group by tags
When you are on a task list, you can group your tasks by tags. To do so, you simply change the group by options in the view selector to Group tasks by Tags.
View tasks by tag
The two previous options are limited to tasks inside a single projects. If you want to get an overview of all tasks linked to a certain tag across all your projects, you can do the following:
- Select Tags in the left navigation
- Search for one of your tags
- Select a tag from the search results shown
As a Tasks in a Box administrator, you can manage all tasks created in your organization. This means that you can get an overview of all created tags and that you can delete, disable and rename any of these tags.
To manage your organization's tags, you can do the following:
- Click on your user profile picture at the bottom left of your screen
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu
- Click Tags in the Admin section in the left navigation
If you don't see the Tags option on the settings screen, this typically means that you are not set as a Tasks in a Box admin.