In some cases, a task might become too big to be managed as a single task. In those kind of scenarios, you can convert a task into its own separate project.
Converting a Task
To convert a task to a project:
- Select the task you want to convert
- From the task pane, select the More options button at the top of the task pane
- Select Convert task to project... from the dropdown menu
- Select the project template you would like to use for your new project. Notice the message at the top of the page that highlights that you are converting an existing task.
- Fill in the project details (such as project name, ...) in the next step. Notice that the project name and description set to the task title and task description. You can change these values if needed.
- Click the Create Project button to create the project
A comment will be automatically posted to your task with a link to the newly created project.